Berwyn Day Policies
The Berwyn District Civic Association (BDCA) sponsors a yearly neighborhood event entitled "Berwyn Day".
The purpose of Berwyn Day is threefold: (1) to facilitate interaction and involvement in the event by community members;
(2) to provide a venue of games and activities focused on involving children to help them meet and interact
with others in the neighborhood; (3) to serve as an official fundraiser to meet the cost of Civic Association activities. To
fulfill these purposes, the BDCA’s Board of Directors has adopted the following policies to provide direction for
Berwyn Day Planning Committees. These policies are the basis for information requested on the application forms and the
agreements made by those requesting Berwyn Day table space.
- To make Berwyn Day planning and implementation more efficient, the BDCA Board has resolved that all new Berwyn Day
tables must be considered and approved by the Board.
- Previously established tables will continue without submission of applications as they are already Board approved.
These tables include Arts and Crafts for Kids, the Bake Sale, the Book Sale, Food and Drinks, Garden Sale, Woodworking,
City of College Park, the University of Maryland, and District 21.
- The Board may choose to invite or create new tables relevant to the community’s interests and/or needs.
- Application process:
- People or organizations interested in establishing a Berwyn Day table must submit a completed application to the
Board at least 21 days prior to Berwyn Day. The application can be downloaded from the BDCA website (myberwyn.org) or
the applicant may contact a member of the Berwyn Day Planning Committee.
- Planning committee members can be identified by going to the Berwyn website (see above). The completed application
can be mailed to Berwyn District Civic Association, P.O. Box 535, College Park, MD 20740; submitted by email to the
BDCA President (firstname.lastname@example.org) ; or be hand delivered to a member of the Berwyn Day Planning Committee.
- The Board must meet within seven (7) days after receiving applications and decide whether or not to approve
applications based on space and how well the table’s purpose fits with the purposes of Berwyn Day. Applicants must be
notified of the Board’s decision within that 7 day time period.